It seems like David's not the only one with a star around these parts. We went to the Western Wall tonight for our last time welcoming in Shabbat with the Jews. Let me just insert this here... I love the Kotel, its definitely one of my favorite places in Jerusalem. I inserted my final written prayer into a small crack in the wall, I actually got a little emotional as I thought back to who I was and what I knew when I put my first prayer in the wall four months ago, and the difference that I feel and the added knowledge and testimony that I have now. It was a great way to wrap up part of my spiritual experiences and to insert them into that sacred wall of stone. Anyways, while we were there word started going around at that Patrick Stewart was at the Kotel. Naturally, being the American college students we are we went searching. Amongst the thousands of Jews he was finally spotted. I went and staked my spot next to him just away from the wall a bit. There I was standing next to Magneto, surrounded by hundreds of Jews of every denomination, looking at one of the most incredible places on earth. A perfect way to bring in what is going to be a very very special Shabbat here at the JC. I'll let you know how it goes later.
No comments:
Post a Comment