Friday, February 11, 2011

Resigned to my solemn thoughts...


In the words of a classic 'Friends' episode...
"Bow wow old friend, bow wow."

I resign myself to admit that today was somewhat an off day here in the Holy City.  I woke up and things were quite normal, then I made my way out to the landing so I could check my email and the Deseret News (I like to stay in touch with things back in the good ol this-is-the-place place) and to my dismay I see a big picture of Jerry Sloan touching a handkerchief to his misty eye.  I was surprised at how hard I actually took this, seeing as that I'm not the most die-hard Jazz fan in all Utah-dom, but he's the only part of the Jazz that has always been there.  It's weird to not have him at the helm of our humble little Jazz team.  (Congratulations to Nathan, his uncle and other Jazz haters, I hope seeing a Jazz fan distraught brings you as much happiness as it usually does.)



In other words of resignation.  Hosni Mubarak has officially stepped down as president.  The whole protest/ revolution is now being called the January 25th Revolution.  From this day forward, if anyone ever asks me where I was on the first day of the Egyptian January 25th Revolution I can say Cairo.  Can you?  Probably not.  Shalom ya'll, and don't call me Shirley.





No comments:

Post a Comment